Dr Peter Reid is a Specialist Anaesthetist in full-time practice in south-east Queensland.
Dr Reid was educated at St Joseph’s Nudgee College and subsequently at the University of Queensland where he graduated BSc in 1998 and MBBS in 2002.
Dr Reid completed his residency at the Royal Brisbane & Women’s Hospital and The Prince Charles Hospital, Chermside. He presented for selection to the Queensland Anaesthetic Rotational Training Scheme in 2005 and was awarded fellowship of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists in 2010.
Dr Reid commenced his private practice with Axxon Health in 2010. Whilst his focus has remained on private hospital practice, Dr Reid has been appointed as a consultant anaesthetist to numerous public hospitals including Royal Brisbane & Women’s Hospital (2011-2014), Ipswich Hospital (2016-present), and Princess Alexandra Hospital (2017-present).
Dr Reid undertakes a wide variety of clinical anaesthesia cases in hospitals throughout southeast Queensland. His current special interests include:
- Multimodal and regional anaesthesia for limb surgery including catheter infusion techniques
- Monitoring and risk mitigation strategies for shoulder patients in the sitting position
- Management of complex and difficult airways
- Obstetric anaesthesia including management of patients with complex maternal-fetal medical issues
- Theatre utilisation optimisation
Dr Reid is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Queensland’s UnitingCare Health and Metro South Clinical Schools where he teaches students, junior doctors and anaesthetic registrars. He pursues theoretical and practical pathways to further his knowledge and maintain cutting-edge clinical skills.